The AINAR game application makes it possible to learn controlling your needle fear. The AINAR app is making use of state of the art technology in Artificial Intelligence and biofeedback.
This page outlines how the AINAR app handles your information and is used to inform you about our policies with regards to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information.
This policy may be liable to change. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are informed of any changes.
1.1. Who developed AINAR The app is designed and developed by Hulan B.V. AINAR is based on scientific research performed at Tilburg University in the Netherlands. The main researchers are dr. Elisabeth Huis in ‘t Veld and Judita Rudokaité, MSc. The aim of the research study, called FAINT, is the development of an Artificial Intelligence algorithm that is able to detect early symptoms of needle-induced fear by looking at the colors in a person’s face. This algorithm is the basis of the biofeedback in AINAR. For more information about the study, about the researchers and about biofeedback, please see www.ainar.io/faint. 1.2. Contact information You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com. 2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT We collect the following types of information. 2.1. Optional information you provide us directly: • Personal data (optional): Your email address (optional) when you play AINAR for the first time.
• Communication data (optional): if you communicate with us through the ‘Feedback’ option (see section 3.1) we may process the information contained in your communication.
• Self-reported ratings about your level of anxiety, fear, and physical discomfort at the time of playing (optional; see section 3.3). 2.3. Information we collect automatically: • Details about your device: [e.g. operating system version]
• Details about your play session [e.g. the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics]
• We store average color values of your face (see 3.2)
3. METHODS OF DATA COLLECTION 3.1. Feedback You can contact us directly in the game using the ‘Feedback’ option. This opens a chat window. This is powered by FreshChat (https://www.freshworks.com/privacy/).
The chat is anonymous: you are assigned a random username when you enter the chat. Only the AINAR team has access to the chat. 3.2. Tracking AINAR tracks your face through the frontal camera of your smartphone. These algorithms are developed by the AINAR team through the FAINT study. This tracking is done on your smartphone.
Important: This means that AINAR does not process your camera data anywhere else than on your own phone. We do not store or collect video data or images of your face.
AINAR uses Artificial Intelligence to:
1. Track the location and outlines of your face.
2. Measure the average color of your face, as the levels of RGB (Red, Green, Blue) values. Important: Only these RGB color values are stored, as numerical values of each color over time, averaged over your whole face. It is not possible to trace back your facial identity based on this data.
3. Based on this data, we can classify certain responses, such as pallor, heart rate and breathing.
4. This data is then used to classify the level of fear responses in your face, and the algorithm adapts the color of the puzzle accordingly. 3.3. Self-reported levels of emotions and physical discomfort .
Occasionally, you will encounter two questions in the game, asking you to rate your current level of emotions and physical discomfort. 3.4. Third parties. The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
1. Assess how many players are playing AINAR, for how long, and on which devices.
2. Further improve and develop the gameplay and player experience.
3. The collected data as described in 3.2 and 3.3 is used to improve the algorithm and to assess the effectiveness of the AINAR game in decreasing fear. 4.3. Sharing. The data is only accessible to Hulan B.V. and is shared with the researchers of the FAINT study as mentioned in section 1.1. The data is not shared with nor sold to any other third parties than mentioned in section 3.4. 4.4. Deleting personal data If you have provided AINAR with your email address, you can request us to remove your email address by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org 4.5. Safety See www.hulan.nl/legal for the privacy statement of the app developer Hulan. The app adheres to the Security Technical IT (STITCH) demands. See https://www.surf.nl/en/security-communities-working-together-on-security-and-privacy/stitch-a-short-checklist-for
Data shared with the researchers at Tilburg University will be stored at secured and approved Tilburg University servers. For more information about how we manage and store the (anonymized) data, see www.ainar.io/faint
Thank you for visiting AINAR
We are currently working on our website, so make sure to come back later on as well! Above you can sign up for the AINAR game. If you want to contact us, feel free to fill in the contact form below, or send a mail to email@example.com